This is the first of many recipes in collaboration with Joana Limão, who created this delicious starter for your Christmas dinner.
serves 6-8 people | preparation: approx. 1 hour (active preparation: 10 minutes)
1 jar of smoked cream
300 g hokkaido pumpkin
1 rosemary stem, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
Black pepper from the mill, to taste
2 garlic cloves
350 g cauliflower
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp. almond vegetable drink
1 rustic loaf of 600 g
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the hokkaido pumpkin into cubes, place on a lined oven tray, season with chopped rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the two garlic cloves (whole and unpeeled) also on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender when chopped with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower in pieces in salted water with a bay leaf. When cooked, drain, remove the bay leaf and place in a blender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut an opening in the top of the bread, remove the core and set aside. Cut the core and the “lid” into large cubes, which will serve to dip in the filling once toasted.
- Once the pumpkin is roasted, remove and reserve. Squeeze the insides of the garlic cloves into the blender.
- Add the almond drink, the Muka smoked cream cheese to the blender. Grind until obtaining a liquid but very creamy mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl, wrap with the previously roasted pumpkin and fill the bread.
- Place the stuffed bread in the center of the tray and the pieces of bread around it to brown slightly. 20-25 minutes should be enough. The filling will thicken slightly.
- Get ready to serve! I suggest garnishing with more rosemary leaves and serving hot for everyone to enjoy.
Enjoy your meal!