Here is a delicious recipe developed by Joana Limão.
Generously serves 4 people | preparation: approx. 25 minutes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
3 tbsp olive oil
2 bay leaves
4-5 sage stems (20+ leaves)
1 cháv. arroz para risotto (carnaroli, arborio)
1 tea kombucha or white wine
2 tsp sea salt
Black pepper from the mill, to taste
2 tea cubed pumpkin (approx. 300gr)
QB vegetable broth (approx. 1 lt)
50-60 g V'eden cheese, cut into small cubes
Frozen V'eden Cheese QB, for sprinkling
Black pepper from the mill, for sprinkling
- Freeze what's left of the 50-60 g V'eden cheese. Make the broth beforehand so that it is ready for the risotto. Heat it up and have it simmer after step 3).
- In a wide-based pan, sauté the onion and garlic, with the oil, bay leaf and sage. Cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and mix for 5 minutes. It's time to refresh with Kombucha (or good quality white wine, if you prefer), season with salt and pepper and let the liquid evaporate. Add the cubed pumpkin.
- Start adding the broth, two ladles at a time and let the rice cook. As soon as the rice absorbs most of the broth, add two more ladles and so on.
- As soon as the rice reaches the point of cooking (it is always good to taste), turn off the heat, adjust the broth (it should be slightly broth), add the cheese in cubes and mix very well to help the cheese to break down and melt. .
- Serve immediately in shallow dishes to spread evenly. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and grate the frozen cheese over the risotto.
- It's delicious! Enjoy your food.