And there's nothing better than to finish your Christmas dinner with this delicious cheseecake with persimmon syrup and thyme made with our Brito. Once again in collaboration with Joana Limão.
generously serves 6-8 people | preparation: approx. 30 minutes (waiting time: 4 hours)
200 gr oat flakes
80 gr Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup. melted coconut oil
1/4 cup. Water
1 Brito cheese (125 gr)
300 gr rice cream
65 gr neutral coconut oil, melted
100 gr maple syrup
zest of 1 lemon
1 pinch of sea salt
2 good persimmons, soft, very ripe and sweet
1 stalk of fresh thyme; optional
- In a food processor, blend the oats and dates until they are a loose flour. Add the coconut oil and water and blend a little more until you get a kind of wet sand.
- Put this dough into a mold greased with coconut oil and press the dough very well against the base, so that it is a very firm layer. Reserve.
- After passing the food processor in water, add all the ingredients for the cream and blend until it is very creamy and homogeneous, without any small pieces. Pour this cream into the tin and refrigerate these two layers for at least 4 hours to solidify.
- However, in the water processor, crush the persimmons with the thyme, just to create a thick sauce. Taste and adjust the sweet with maple syrup, if necessary. Refrigerate until serving.
- After the cheesecake has solidified, place the thick persimmon syrup on top and it's ready to serve!