Here is a delicious recipe developed by Joana Limão.
Generously serves 2 people | preparation: approx. 15 minutes
1/2 jar of Muka smoked cream cheese
3 to 4 Portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 thyme sprigs, leaves only
1/2 tsp sea salt
Black pepper from the mill, to taste
1 bay leaf
1 rosemary stem
4 sprigs of thyme
100 ml white wine
100 ml water
- Start by removing the outer skin of the mushrooms, as well as the central stalk or stalk.
- Season the mushrooms with olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic and thyme leaves. Allow to flavor for at least 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil and place the mushrooms, whole, with the inside facing up. Weight with another skillet. Return the mushrooms after two minutes and place the weight.
- In this way, the mushrooms are grilled, cooked and their texture becomes deliciously fleshy. When they are cooked (about 10 minutes), cool with the white wine.
- Add the remaining herbs, salt and pepper and let reduce by 1/3. Remove the mushrooms to a plate and add the water and the smoked cream cheese. Mix well and let it thicken slightly.
- Serve the mushrooms whole or sliced (it's up to each person) with the sauce on top. Suggestion: accompany with fluffy rice and salad.
Enjoy your food!